There’s no doubt that weight loss is a proper process which does take time to show results and just the way you hadn’t gained weight in just one day, you wouldn’t lose it overnight (not even with gimmicky fat cutter pills which claim to do so). Though weight loss is a slow process, there are certain factors that help accelerate and speed up shaving off of extra pounds. So, here comes 11 ways to accelerate weight loss and get you closer to your dream weight.
1. Eat Right, Not Less For Weight Loss: To lose weight, it’s important to be on a diet plan that encourages you to eat healthy and consume optimum number of calories, and it shouldn’t be actually restrictive, and flexible enough to be continued for as long as you want. To lose weight fast, avoid crash dieting because food deprivation and eating as little as possible will switch the body into a “famine” mode whereby it will hold on to fat deposits more dearly, making it extremely difficult to drop extra pounds. Start on a weight loss diet such as the Rati Beauty diet on the Rati Beauty app that encourages you to eat healthy and delicious meals, is not based on the concept of food deprivation, and takes care of all your nutrient requirements, along with keeping you in calorie deficit so that you can drop extra pounds and burn fat consistently. You can check more details on the Rati Beauty app.
2. Employ These Ways To Boost Metabolism: It’s a biological process through which the body torches up calories to derive energy. Finding ways to boost metabolism can torch more calories and fastens up the weight loss process. Check out “9 Ways to Speed up Metabolism to Lose Weight” in this post.
3. Eat a Protein-Rich Diet: Eating a diet high in protein increases thermogenesis in the body, keeps you full for longer, and help burn more calories. You can find such diets on the Rati Beauty app.
4. Try HIIT Routine: Trying a different workout routine rather than sticking to a fixed daily routine challenges your body and burn more calories and HIIT workouts are the quickest ways to burn those fat and improve your metabolism. The internet is loaded with such workout routines and you can check out our app “Rati Beauty” for easy-to-do exercises. The best part is that you don’t need a gym to perform HIIT workout, you can perform at home/your bedroom or local park!
5. Prioritize Sleep Over Everything: Each one of us needs an average of 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. Many of us ignore the fact or either work at night or simply spend time watching TV or spend long hours on the phone. Getting enough sleep will not only make you look beautiful, it will control your appetite and hence keep your weight in control, it will also keep essential fat-burning hormones at their optimum level, improve metabolism, and help you lose weight – such good package with just 8 hours of sleep!
6. Switch Regular Tea with Green Tea: No fitness journey is complete without green tea. Green tea is a natural fat burner. Skip your regular tea/coffee/juices and add green tea in your diet because not only does it help burn fat around the waist, green tea also increases metabolic rate. Consume 1-2 cups every day is fine, exceeding the recommended amount is not advised.
7. Quit Sugar: If you want to lose weight, trim that waistline, and prevent lifestyle diseases, quit sugar right now.
8. Switch Refined Carbs with Whole Foods: Not all carbs are bad for weight loss, only refined carbs are because they have empty calories that spike insulin and cause creation of new fat cells. Swap refined carbs with foods with complex carbs such as quinoa, wheat, oats, lentils, etc.
9. Consume Thermogenic Foods: If you love spicy food, this might just lift your soul! Peppers contain a compound called capsaicin which is believed to boost metabolism. According to a survey, people who consumed peppers lost additional 10 calories per meal. Making your meals a bit spicy can improve metabolism (however do not go overboard). Spices are considered thermogenic foods that increase energy expenditure in the body through the process of thermogenesis where the body actually burns more calories to breakdown such food, converting these calories to heat form. The thermic effect of food is the amount of energy required to actually digest and process food. Thermogenic food raise your body temperature and more calories get burnt to digest and process them. Ginger, chillies, garlic, turmeric are a few examples of thermogenic food.
10. Practice NEAT activities: Being on your feet throughout the day helps in burning calories and keeps metabolism robust. One hour of gymming is never enough to lose weight, keep moving throughout the day and practice NEAT activities. NEAT stands for non-exercise activity thermogenesis and is the energy we use for everything we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, add up to a considerable amount when you are trying to lose weight. Read more about how you can include NEAT activities in your daily life here.
8 Tips to Start Losing Weight From Today
30 Tiny Changes That Can Result in Big Weight Loss Gains