Chatbots or conversational bots is a great opportunity for companies because it can help them in their processes to improve profitability since it allows its staff to save time that can be invested in other tasks.
What are chatbots?
A bot is artificial intelligence software created and programmed to perform a series of tasks independently, without assistance. If this is applied to Chatbots, the task at hand is to support the customer through the chat feature. However, they are increasingly present in more sectors. Some chatbots have their own personalities, meaning they have been given human names. Ikea, whose chatbot is called Anna, is one of the most prominent cases. It works through automatic responses to the most common doubts and, in case of no knowledge, redirects the human team. Thanks to Anna, we can access decorating ideas, in-store product inventory, opening hours, and locations.
Chatbots can be located both on web pages and in applications. You don’t need to download anything specific to chat with them. They also do not require updating and do not take up space in the phone’s memory. Another feature is that multiple bots can be used on the same website or the same application. This can be useful, for example, when dealing with customer service for different departments of the same organization.
Why use them in your business?
Using chatbots is a significant improvement in the user experience, with much faster and more engaging interactions for customers. Its incorporation generally aims to:
- Encourage sales
- Optimize customer service
- Generate content
You can configure your own chatbot and adapt it to your own needs …
Currently, 25% of businesses use chatbots. According to some studies, in 2020, 85% of customer interactions will not be performed by humans.
5 reasons to use them:
- Warning: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, does not require weekends or holidays.
- Efficiency and costs: They help you to optimize personnel costs as they can be devoted to carrying out other tasks.
- New Audiences: Through the use of chatbots, we can move from a passive contact experience to a proactive contact experience.
- International Reach: They are programmed to recognize the subject language. They adapt to both language and content.
- Improve the brand’s reputation: by providing a better user experience, they will feel more satisfied. Chatbots have purchasing decision-making power.