Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Documentary: When The Netflix Series Will Air, and Everything Else We Know

0

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s documentary series is set to launch on Netflix soon – we hope – but that doesn’t mean the production is drama-free.   

The Sussexes will be the primary subjects of a docuseries directed by Oscar-nominated documentary filmmaker Liz Garbus. Rumours about the status of the project are circulating, especially amid reports that the unofficial release date was delayed. Some said the couple was unhappy with their portrayal; others report that Meghan and Harry wanted to walk back some comments about the royal family in the wake of Queen Elizabeth II’s death. The resulting media circus could arguably rival that of Don’t Worry Darling. 

Here’s everything we know so far about the docuseries, which both Netflix and the Sussexes have been pretty tight-lipped about: 

What will Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s documentary and cover? 

Speaking with The Cut earlier this summer, Meghan Markle denied that the project is a “reality show.” According to writer Allison P. Davis, the duchess then noted “a difference between a historical documentary and a reality docuseries.”

As for what the show will portray, Meghan said viewers can expect “the piece of my life I haven’t been able to share, that people haven’t been able to see — our love story.”

When is it coming to Netflix?

After a lot of uncertainty, People reported on November 17 that the docuseries will hit Netflix in December 2022. (No, for real this time.) 

But according to a Deadline report from October 2022, the series’ unofficial release date was always set for December 2022, on the heels of the new season of Netflix’s The Crown. However, the streamer then reportedly pushed the documentary to an unknown date in 2023 because of backlash to some of the storylines on season five of The Crown. Now it looks as if everything’s back on track.

Here’s the summary of events, as per Deadline: On October 15, former British prime minister John Major complained about an episode in which Prince Charles (played by Dominic West) complained to Major (Jonny Lee Miller) about how long he’s had to wait to become king. The ex-PM claims that no such conversation ever happened. 

While The Crown is based on true events, it is a fictionalised version of those events and has never positioned itself as non-fiction. That said, following the backlash, executives at Netflix were reportedly “rattled,” according to Deadline’s anonymous source. “They blinked first and decided to postpone the documentary.” 

Then, yet another report from October stated that Deadline’s story was false and that Netflix would still air the documentary series in December as planned. Now we know!

We’ll be waiting with bated breath until the specific date is revealed… 

Meghan Markle doesn’t seem to be the series’ biggest fan.

Gossip has circulated for weeks that Meghan and Harry are not happy with the documentary. On October 4, Page Six reported that the Sussexes were demanding edits in the wake of Queen Elizabeth’s death in September. According to the rumours, the couple wanted to walk back some of what they said about Charles and Camilla, now King and Queen Consort. 

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Pedfire is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment